ICOWHI’s 21st Biennial Congress will be held November 6 – 9, 2016 in Baltimore. The theme of the meeting is “Scale and Sustainability: Moving Women’s Health Forward.”
Abstract Notification — All authors will be notified via email of abstract status for submissions no later than June 2016. Please make sure your email address is correct and up-to-date.
Registration and Membership — You do not have to be an ICOWHI member to submit an abstract. However, if your abstract is accepted for presentation, the presenting author MUST register for the Annual Meeting by the August 30, 2016.
ICOWHI 21st Biennial Congress Baltimore MD | Nov 6 – 9
The International Council on Women’s Health Issues (ICOWHI) is an international nonprofit association dedicated to the goal of promoting health, health care, and well-being of women throughout the world through participation, empowerment, advocacy, education, and research.
We are a multidisciplinary network of women’s health providers, planners, and advocates from all over the globe. We constitute an international professional and lay network of those committed to improving women’s health and quality of life.
The Johns Hopkins School of Nursing is excited to host this important meeting to frame global actions to address the Sustainable Development Goals. We are now accepting abstracts for the ICOWHI 21st Biennial Congress. The theme of the meeting is Scale and Sustainability: Moving Women’s Health Forward. Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts on the theme for current or emerging women health issues.
- Abstract Notification — Presenters will be notified via email of abstract status on Wed. June 1, 2016. Please make sure your email address is correct and up-to-date.
- Registration and Membership — You do not have to be an ICOWHI member to submit an abstract. However, if your abstract is accepted for presentation, the presenting author MUST register for the Congress by August 30, 2016. Please consider the exciting opportunity of becoming a member of ICOWHI with reduced fees as part of the registration package – ICOWHI.org.
- Author Disclaimer — Opinions expressed by a speaker represent only the opinions of the speaker and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the International Council on Women’s Health Issues or the hosting school, Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing.
- Penalties — Presenters who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without notifying the program planner of cancellation will not be permitted to present papers or posters at any ICOWHI-sponsored meeting for two years following the “no-show.”
- Publication Embargo — Abstracts submitted and accepted for the ICOWHI 21st Biennial Congress may not be presented at any other meeting or published prior to Mon. Oct. 31, 2016.
- Presentation Types — Four types of sessions are presented at the Congress – Oral (Paper, Panel, Lightening Round) and Poster. Individuals may submit as either an Oral or Poster. For oral presentations a selection preference should be made. If no selection is denoted, the default will be “no preference” and the committee will alert you to the format accepted. For more information visit ICOWHI.org.
- Standard AV — All session rooms are equipped with an LCD projector, screen and microphone. Internet and video capabilities are NOT included and subject to approval.
If any of the below requirements are not met by submission deadline your abstract will be removed:
- Abstracts must be submitted no later than April 15, 2016 at icowhi.org or http://learn.nursing.jhu.edu/icowhi_abstract_form
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- Paper, lightning round, and poster abstracts are limited to one page while panel abstracts are limited to four pages. Abstracts not meeting these page limits will not be considered.
- Please specify the submission category: Oral or Poster. For oral presentations a selection preference should be made for “Paper”, “Panel” or “Lightening Round”. If no selection is denoted, the default will be “no preference”. For more information visit ICOWHI.org
- All abstracts must be formatted with 0.75 inch margins all around, 11-pt font size or larger for narrative text, and 10-pt font size or larger for table and figure legends.
- Abstracts must use one of the following serif font styles: Times New Roman, Georgia, Helvetica, or Times.
- The following information must be included in the submitted abstract: presentation/panel title; all author(s)’ identifying information, including names, degrees, and institutional affiliations; ICOWHI topic (see list of topics below); 3 to 5 keywords; and narrative text. Narrative text may include tables and/or figures providing the submission stays within page limits.
- Abstracts must be submitted as PDF files.
- Please use the following naming convention for the file name: CorAuthorLastName_First Name_Topic.pdf (ex. Smith_James_Teams.pdf).
- Refer to the form submission and list of Topics provided below for more information.
- The selection committee reserves the right to propose alternative presentation formats as the scope of the final program requires.
- Paper Presentations
Paper presentations provide authors the opportunity to present original work related to congress topics.
Oral paper presentations will have 15-minute time slots and be clustered by theme into sessions that will include three individual presentations and time for questions from the audience.
- Panel Presentations
Panel presentations provide authors the option to organize a panel comprising three related papers.
Panel presentation sessions will be 90 minutes long, with 45 minutes for presentations and 45 minutes for discussion.
A panel proposal must include an abstract summarizing the overall theme of the panel, as well as individual abstracts for each of the papers to be presented in the panel.
- Lightning Round Presentations
Lightning round presentations provide authors the opportunity to share their work in brief oral presentations.
Each presentation is limited to 10 minutes and followed by a five-minute question and answer period.
When submitting an abstract, select the checkbox that indicates willingness to be considered for “Paper, Lightning Round, or Poster Presentation.” The Program Committee will select submissions to be included in the lightning round.
- The 90-minute poster session provides an interactive forum for authors to discuss their work.
- Presenters will be assigned locations to put up their posters, which will be organized by topic.
- Poster boards and pushpins will be supplied, and posters should be attached to the boards for display.
- Presenters are encouraged to bring 1-page double-sided handouts to accompany their posters.
- Acceptance notifications will be made by June 1, 2016.
- Presenting authors are responsible for their own travel and hotel costs and must register for the congress Abstracts will be compiled and made available to participants
- Any presenter who is unable to attend should arrange for another qualified individual to present the paper/poster in question. If such a change is necessary, please notify the congress manager, via email at email@example.com.
This educational activity has been submitted to The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing as a joint provider for nursing contact hours.
This educational activity is jointly provided with The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing.
The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.